Social licence, Learning from other industries?
This virtual conference, which explored strategies to maintain social licence to operate within equestrianism, took place on Wednesday 24 January 2024. Featuring an eclectic array of speakers from around the world – including FEI President Ingmar De Vos to set the tone with an opening address – and representing both equestrian and non-equestrian sectors, the conference was a melting pot of thought leaders and innovators, full of experience and insights.
You can watch the full replay of the conference here.
Topics and speakers included*:
- Public acceptance of equestrianism: A view from horse sport
Ingmar De Vos, FEI President
- Public acceptance of equestrianism: A view from horse racing
Dr. Chris Riggs, Director, Hong Kong Jockey Club’s Equine Welfare Research Foundation
- Lessons learned from the sustainability battlefield: From reactive, peripheral, and a nuisance to strategic, integrated, and opportunistic
Bob Langert, Corporate sustainability consultant; formerly Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability at McDonald’s Corporation
- Values-based communications and actions: Evidence from agriculture
Charlie Arnot, Founder and president, Look East; Chief Executive, Center for Food Integrity
- Engagement science: A data-driven approach to social licence
Dr. Kieren Moffat, Co-founder and Chief Executive, Voconiq
- Enabling behaviour change within the equine sector
Toby Park, Head of Energy and Sustainability, The Behavioural Insights Team
*By clicking on each topic, you will directly be redirected to the relevant section of the YouTube replay.