Dr Gillian Tabor meets Emily Plummer from @wisewomeninsport, and together they open the discussion of how women in sport and specifically equestrianism tackle various challenges and health implications of riding. Together they delve into the health of women touching on physiology, age, menstrual cycle, body changes following pregnancy and body image.
Under discussion in this podcast:
- Menstrual cycle and the reproductive cycle
- Recent body image discussions at Riding Clubs and Pony Club
- The limitations of a lot of sports science research in regard to women
- Female rider performance and how it can be affected by monthly cycles and what you can do to improve your well-being and competitive chances
- Mental health for women throughout their monthly cycles
- How can you fuel your body differently to benefit your riding
- Women competing at elite levels
- The importance of menstral health for young female riders
- The changes to the female body following pregnancy and childbirth
This conversation will continue on the DrDavidMarlin.com Facebook Group. In future episodes in the Women In The Saddle podcast series Dr Gillian Tabor will be looking at the science of body image and perception, women’s health and what young and older female riders should be aware of.
CLICK here to head over the main Podcast page to see the full list of podcasts available.