A review of cold therapy when used for horses.
- The history of cold therapy
- Looking at local applications not whole body.
- RICE – should we still follow the protocol of Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation in animals?
- A sneak peek at a recent survey of Equine Physios and their use of cold therapy.
- Cryotherapy for laminitis
- Using cold therapy to reduce whole body heat
- Tendon and ligament injuries – how does cold therapy benefit them and/or prevent injury? If at all.
David explores the different research papers, science investigations and evidence available.
This is based on a webinar that David held in December 2022 – you can watch the full webinar here >>> https://drdavidmarlin.com/webinar-a-review-of-cold-therapy-cryotherapy-by-dr-david-marlin/
CLICK here to head over the main Podcast page to see the full list of podcasts available.