Dr Gillian Tabor who is a Charted Physiotherapist and specialises in the treatment and rehabilitation of horses, discusses how she see’s horses who are underperforming and are referred by vets to her. Some signs owners and trainers describe to Gillian are conflict behaviours, for example, bucking, refusing at jumps and napping. More subtle signs my be that the rider has noticed the horse is stiffer when performing a dressage movement, or maybe the horse used to come down hill on the cross-country confidently and now it isn’t keen to move forward downhill or is crooked. Another sign can be the horse turns away in the stable when it see’s the saddle or has started becoming difficult to girth. Gillian will look for musculoskeletal issues and work with owners when investigating these signs and sometimes she discovered the horse actually needs to be scoped for ULCERS which is why this Podcast was produced to link with Dr David Marlins Webinar on GUT HEALTH and links with Dr Kirstie Pickles webinar on GASTRIC ULCERS.
More about Gillian:
Gillian is the Programme Manager and lectures on the MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy course at Hartpury University and is undertaking research, both her own equine projects and supervising students.
Gillian Tabor is a Chartered Physiotherapist who has been working as an ACPAT Veterinary Physiotherapist for over 15 years, in her own practice in Devon. She specialises in physio for horses and riders, with the focus on treatment and rehabilitation of competition horses.
Scroll down to learn how to download and listen on the go and to watch the related Webinars after you have listened to Gillian’s Podcast.
CLICK ON THE PODCAST ARROW TO PLAY:
Gut Health Webinar by Dr David Marlin, click here
Gastric Ulcer Webinar by Dr Kirstie Pickles, click here
Download to your phone:
- On your phone go to the App Store and search for Podbean. Download the Podbean app to your phone.
- Within the Podbean app go to search (search icon at the bottom of the app) and search for drdavidmarlin (all one word). Then you will see all our website’s podcasts.
- Select the podcast you wish to listen to through your phone.
- Please click Follow, so you can hear first when one of our new podcasts has been uploaded and this will help you find it quickly in the future.
- If you wish to download a podcast to your phone (for later offline listening), simply click the 3 dots in the top right corner where you will find the option to download. The download will remain on the Podbean app ready for you to listen at your leisure… driving, riding, dog walking, exercising….