Fireworks are starting to be heard, and it is the time of year when many horse and pet owners start to put in their plans to ensure their horse’s and pets are settled, calm and safe in their stables, fields and homes.
We put it out to our members – what do you do to help settle your horses?
- Classic FM’s Pet Classics – Charlotte Hawkins presents Classic FM’s Pet Classics, a show dedicated to keeping you and your pet relaxed during fireworks season. They have two special programmes from 5pm to 9pm on Friday 4 November and Saturday 5 November, when firework season is at its peak, for the most calming music.
- Remove any possible hazards from the stable or field if unable to bring in.
REMEMBER your own safety comes first, do not put yourself in harm.
Fireworks what advice can David and the team offer
- Our Guide – Protect your horse from fireworks
- Fireworks Survey Data Shared with Marco Longhi MP
- Fireworks & Horses – A Survey of Owners
- Beware of Sky Lanterns and avoid buying them, be vigilant.